Free Consultation 877.583.2524
We do not handle social security disability claims
logo celebrating

Nationwide Leaders in Disability Insurance Law

shook hands

Social Security Beneficiaries Urged to File for Stimulus Checks Immediately

Monday, April 13th, 2020

The Treasury Dept. and IRS have launched a web portal for individuals to file with the government to make sure they get their coronavirus stimulus payments, especially those with dependent children under 17 who are also eligible for payments, reports CNBC in an article titled “These Social Security beneficiaries should file for stimulus checks immediately, government urges.”

Economic Stimulus Bill Financial A Stimulus Bill Individual Check

A new tool is now available to file for coronavirus stimulus checks, and for some Social Security recipients, this is important news. The web portal is aimed at people who don’t typically file tax returns, mostly because they have little to no taxable income.

Note that Frankel & Newfield does NOT represent Social Security disability cases, we are offering this information for the well-being of those who are eligible to use this new portal.

Who should use this portal? According to the IRA, eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents who:
• Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019
• Were not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019, and didn’t plan to

Note that there is no fee for the use of the portal and it does require that the person provides their date of birth and Social Security number. There is an exception for members of the military. The information provided on the portal will be used to determine eligibility and payment amount and for an Economic Impact Payment to be sent.

The new portal, which can be accessed here, was created to help individuals and families who do not file taxes.

Taxpayers will receive stimulus checks through direct deposits based on information from their tax returns. Single adults with an AGI of $75,000 or less will get the full amount. Married couples with no children earning $150,000 or less will receive a total of $2,400. Taxpayers filing as head of household get the full payment if they earned $112,500 or less.

The amount decreases until it stops altogether for single people earning $99,000 or married people with no children and earning $198,000. A family with two children will not be eligible for any payments if the household income is higher than $218,000.

You can’t get a payment if someone claims you as a dependent, even if you’re an adult.

Justin C Frankel

Written By:

Justin C. Frankel - Disability Insurance Attorney

Justin Frankel is a founding partner of the disability insurance law firm Frankel & Newfield and is a highly skilled litigator and advocate. He has published numerous articles on the challenges facing clients with private or individual disability insurance policies and those who own group or ERISA disability insurance policies.

Learn more about Justin | See Justin’s Publications



Ready To Talk?

Fill out the form to request a FREE legal consultation

Sorry, we do not handle SSDI/Social Security claims.

Frankel & Newfield does not currently handle any Social Security Disability Insurance claims.


*Required fields are marked

I have read the disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


This is about a Social Security Disability claim.

Ipad image

Download Our Free eBook


Secrets the Disability Insurance Companies Don't Want You to know!

Sign Up for our mailing list to receive disability insurance law updates

Your information is 100% secure and will never be shared with anyone


No matter where you are nationwide, we are here to help.

We have the resources and support to take on the largest insurance companies.

Contact us today for our nationwide service.

Contact Us
Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri
Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina
South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming