Your Disability Lawyer and Your Disability Insurance Claim
Monday, February 2nd, 2015
Selecting a disability insurance attorney to represent your claim can be a daunting task. When we began our disability law practice, there were only a handful of firms representing clients. Today the field is crowded, with many firms that are relatively new to the disability law practice area. Choosing the right attorney for you, your situation and your family is an important one, with longstanding effects.
Here are some suggested questions that we think will help you make a good decision:
- How many years have you personally represented disability insurance claimants?
- What companies have you successfully won cases against?
- Do you handle any other legal matters in addition to disability law?
- Have you successfully negotiated large lump sum settlements, and with what companies?
- Which conferences on disability law do you attend, and are you invited to speak at any of them?
- Do you belong to any related not-for-profits regarding disability law?
- What are your Martindale ratings? What are your AVVO ratings?
- Have you ever been named a Super Lawyer?
- How many ERISA appeals does your firm handle every year?
- Who will be my main contact at the firm?
- How often can I expect to hear from you or the firm?
- Does your free consultation include a review of documents?
If you want to ask us these and any other questions, just call our office at 877-LTD-CLAIM (877-583-2524). We have dedicated our legal practice to representing disability insurance claimants, have received top ratings from our peers and our clients, and represent policy owners nationwide. We look forward to hearing from you.