ACIs 16th Litigating Disability Insurance Claims Conference
Monday, November 11th, 2013
We are pleased to be the media sponsor of the American Conference Institute’s 16th Litigating Disability Insurance Claims Conference, taking place January 23-24, 2014 at The Carlton Hotel on Madison Avenue in NYC
Some highlights from this year’s program:
- U.S. Airways v. McCutchen
- New remedies and equitable relief
- Scope and limitations of discovery
- Judicial review of claims decisions and the battle over discretion
- State prohibitions on discretionary clauses
- Implications and challenges of a court’s decision to remand
- Subrogation and recovery of overpayments
- Proper use of surveillance, modern technology and online resources
- Vocational issues in disability claims
- Procedure: venue & removal
- Subjective disorders
- Contractual limitations periods and accrual provisions
- IME’s evaluation, treating & consulting physicians’ opinions, the FCE, neuropsych evaluations, medical records and more
Regular readers of this blog know we are big believers in keeping friends close and adversaries closer. We attend the Litigating Disability Claims conference to meet our colleagues and adversaries, including attorneys who focus on Disability Insurance litigation and ERISA matters.
We also get to rub elbows with Insurance Industry Professionals at all levels, including In house Counsel, Claims Specialists, Adjusters, Risk Managers, Litigation Specialists and Disability Claim Consultants.
As media sponsor we are able to offer our readers a discount on registration – just use the code DIL200 when you register.
Visit www.AmericanConference.com/DisabilityInsurance for details.